Addressing Your Addiction Problems With A Home Detox
Home detoxes are an ideal way of stopping drinking and acting as the first stage of a life of abstinence. They are not a substitute for rehab but do work and are often used when spending a period in rehab is a difficult option.
Many people think that the process of detox can only be performed under the care of specialists at rehabilitation centres, but now there days the option of performing a detox at home is also feasible. There are multiple benefits of home-based treatment, but the compulsion is that it should be performed after a specialist’s approval. As it is very dangerous without proper care, so nobody should try detox at their own without the help of any expert or medication where appropriate, it might cause enormous health consequences.
Process and Methodology
It really is a straightforward, rapid process and all you need to do is call us to arrange. Here’s how it works: –
- Call us on 0141 427 3491
- Receive a full telephone assessment with a trained addictions professional.
- Home visitation by a prescribing Senior RMN Addictions Nursing Officer who will carry out a full medical examination which includes: –
– Blood pressure check
– Pulse and respiratory examination
– A full physical examination as necessary
– Bloods procedure/analysis as necessary
– Prescribing of all appropriate sedatives to prevent seizure and reduce withdrawal discomfort
– Vitamin, anti-nausea, anti-diarrhoea and gastrointestinal medication prescription as required
– Dietary advice and direction
– Strictly monitored support throughout the duration
- Prescribing of follow-up medication to reduce cravings (Campral) following detox – the duration and prescribing to be assessed on a personal case basis.
- Recommendation of, and explanation of, therapeutic aftercare package to remain abstinent using CBT / person-centred counselling.
Call us now on 0141 427 3491 for more information or to book a home detox